Submitted By maverick1621
10. Describe the steps in controlling process.
1. Establish standards against which performance is evaluated.
At Step 1, in the control process, managers decide on the standards of performance, goals, or targets that they will use to evaluate the performance of either the entire organization or some part of it. 2. Measure actual performance 3. Compare actual performance against chosen or set standards. 4. Evaluate the result and initiate corrective action if necessary.
Corrective action is taken to meet performance standards. Whether performance standards have been met or not, managers can learn a great deal during this step.
11. Discuss the three types of control that managers will use to coordinate an motivate employees.
1. Output control and behavioural controls are used to coordinate and motivate employees. The main mechanisms to monitor output are financial measures of performance, organizational goals, and operating budgets.
2. Corporate governance practice control managerial behaviour and induce them to work towards achieving organizational goals are direct supervision, management by objectives, and bureaucratic control based on standard operating procedures.
3. Clan control operates on strong organizational culture where individual and groups share values, norms, standards of behaviour and expectations.
12. Give 5 reasons to justify the importance of organizational control.
1. Adapt to change and uncertainty: - New suppliers and customers can appear, as well as new technologies and regulations. Control systems help managers anticipate these changes and be prepared for them. 2. Discover irregularities and errors: - There may be problems with quality control, customer service or even human resource management. Control systems help managers uncover these…...